BAGEL TRAIL

Woke up in the morning,craving for freshly baked bagels and expressed to my best pal that we need to indulge in a bagel breakfast.She complied n we set off.I was about to open the car door assuming we were driving to the place when my freind announced that we would be walking to it to get a bit of exercise.Imagining that the place would be just round the corner i walked along with a big anticipatory smile on my face only to get it wiped off as my pal kept walking along n finally said that it would take an hour to reach Bagel Hole n boop !my spirits dropped,only to be revved up cos before my eyes picturesque paths unfolded, the weeping willows the maples the firs, the pine tress(those that remind me of christmas) and varied other flora n fauna,freshly bloomed multitude of colorful exotic flowers greeted us,i got drenched in unpolluted cascades of green interspered by a plethora of differnt kinds of homes like the cape cords, renovated barns,the colonials ,ranches other contemprary homes each with unique characters.To add more flavor to the walk was the aroma of freshly brewed coffee that wafted out those homes .As we kept along ,the engulfing silence in the woods shimmied out a calm that filtered into our veins making us feel happy.
Atlast we reached the Hole, along the way, my hunger pangs for the bagels had not subsided so I gorged on bagels and cream cheese and hot coffee with no guilt because I knew I would slim it out on the way back home.

On the return we tooka more mysterious path and were an audience to a symphony of crickets, wasps, dragonflies and other critters. Throughout the walk the band played hiding amidst flush green grove of trees whos leaves showered water droplets on us as it had drizzled. In this community of green and brown (Narrow muddy path ways) and deep blue (Fluffy skies) I forgot the pain of my tired limbs and mind and reveled in this seductive Bagel trail with a vow to indulge again not the bagels but in the trail.

Comments

  1. I went on a similar trail but seem to have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Love the writing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A HEARTBEAT

O'SUN